Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Personal Top Five Wrestlers,....(of all time!!!!)

In following the theme from my other blog, I would like to contribute my two cents of who I feel should be the top five wrestlers of all time. Of course this takes into account many factors, not just marketability, but also ability and ring psychology.

Sooo, without further adue,..

1. Ric Flair. Is there really a doubt? This guy had it all, charisma, ability, you name it. Ric Flair had a match in 2003 with Kevin Nash and made him look good! Now that takes talent.

2. Hulk Hogan. Yes, yes, I know, he can't wrestle. Nevertheless, Hogan got by on charisma alone with limited ability. People who say outright that he had no talent forget his matches in Japan. Don't get me wrong, he's not Ricky Steamboat but...

3. Undertaker. Often called the 'madonna' of pro wrestling because of is ability to constantly change his image thereby keeping it fresh. He pulls out his big moves (spots) once or twice a year and they mean something. Reduced to competing part-time, but well worth it, if only for his elaborate entrances.

4. Shawn Michaels. What can you say? The Icon. The Showstopper. The Main Event. Blends a mexican style, with american storytelling. Definetely earned his nicknames.

5. Steve Austin. The guy who drove WWE(f) back to the top beating out merchandising sales rivaled by Hulk Hogan. After he got injured in 1997, still managed to amplify his character by using a believable brawling style. And that's the bottom line, cause I said so!

There you have it. Disagree with me? Fine. But show me your list and we'll compare!

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment